Can I just post and say that I will join?
- Yes, yes you can! That would actually be helpful so that I can keep track of whoever is participating. Have a look a the list of participants
, yay!When's the deadline?
- Technically, this challenge will end 31st December 2010
but you don't need to wait that long to pass your entries. If you finish a challenge tomorrow, it's no problem if you post them here the second you're done.Can I post separate entries here or do I need to finish them first?
- You can post them here regardless of its completion. While I ask that you take note of your entries individually, posting your entries here in any degree of completion will not be a problem.What entries are qualified for X-specific challenge?
- Remember that this is a laidback challenge! There are no limits to what you can and cannot pass. Specifically, any written work is accepted for the Fanfiction Challenge (drabbles, flashfic, short short, short story, novella, novelette, novel, poems, epics, songs, haiku, etc.), any work that requires drawing is accepted for the Fanart Challenge (traditional, digital, painting, comic, experimental, doodles, 4koma, etc.), and ALL media that does not require writing or drawing falls on the Other Media Challenge (icons, banners, wallpapers, layouts, manga coloring, videos, a dance number, etc.).
- The ONLY exception to the NO LIMIT rule is the stealing/copying/altering of works that are not yours and passing them as your own
, also known as PLAGIARISM. I cannot police everyone and I'm not planning to, but please be aware that by joining this challenge, you are agreeing to the unwritten condition that any and all entries you submit are your own. This is not a competition with prizes and the only opponent is yourself. I hope no one cheats on themselves just to get a lousy banner you probably won't use anyway (it really is lousy too, no joke).So, anything? Can I write/draw about Ichigo waking up and finding himself as one of Orihime's Rikka and fighting with Tsubaki?
- Dude, anything
. And I would LOVE to see this!My story/drawing/video has sex/violence/rape/triggering material... are those allowed? Or are only fluff and romance passable?
- Let me repeat: ANYTHING is allowed here. But please be aware that not only are there minors in this forum, there are people who would NOT want to read triggering material (and weird people like me who often don't like adult scenarios).
- The easy solution here is to WARN. Put RATINGS in your stories, fanarts, graphics so that people will know whether it's their thing or not and WARN for content that you think will make others hit the back button. It might be a spoiler to some, but this is courtesy to others and I hope can be upheld. Warnings are also a great way to direct interested parties to your work. People who are looking for psychological works might be interested in warnings of "mind-rape" and "angst", for example.Can we use fanart for the graphics or only official art?
- Ideally, I would like it better if only official art/manga panels are used because that way, no fanartist' toes would be accidentally stepped on and it will be more challenging besides, creating a different look/feel/story to pictures/panels that we've seen before.
- But I don't want to limit anyone, so I'm pretty much leaving this decision to the participant. I can understand the desire to create an icon/banner using a really pretty fanart you saw. Just, if possible, credit your sources
. And if they speak English (like, say, if you see the image in DA as opposed to a photobucket account). maybe take the time to ask permission. (That way, maybe the fanartist can join in on this challenge too xD)
- I would like to ask that people not use the same image over and over though. It won't be that much of a challenge without... any challenge, haha. (My awesome vocabulary, let me show you!)
< rules of the game | frequently asked questions | list of participants | hall of fame >